The Llano Municipal Court continues to provide eCourt Appearances, which allows defendants to handle court cases (see requirements below) via a video conference with the Judge through the use of ZOOM on either your computer or wireless device, such as a tablet or a smart phone.
Spectators can attend court proceedings in person in our open courtroom. If we are conducting hearings by Zoom, you may view the live hearing in person in our open courtroom.
Requirements to Appear via eCourt - YOU MUST HAVE:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- A webcam attached to your PC/laptop and a mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you. If using a tablet or smart phone, you will need to have your camera on and facing you and your audio must be unmuted.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
- You will receive your eCourt link to ZOOM via email. Also, you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- And, you can also click on the appropriate eCourt link at the bottom of this page to attend your scheduled eCourt appearance.
At your eCourt Initial Appearance, you can:
- Request a trial by judge or jury. Please note that trials will not be held via the eCourt Appearance option and will require the Defendant to appear in person at the Llano Municipal Court located at 301 West Main, Llano Texas 78643.
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. All pleas entered in open eCourt are legal and binding, and defendants have the same rights and responsibilities as if the plea had been entered in traditional open courtroom. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the eCourt Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
Please adhere to the following Rules of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise. Ensure your environment in conducive to attend virtually by removing or eliminating background noises such as children, pets, television, also including outside noises of traffic or wind.
- Avoid distractions. Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings (i.e. texting, social media). If it is detected you are in a moving vehicle and you are the driver, the proceeding will be stopped immediately.
- These proceedings are NOT TO BE RECORDED.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
- If a Driving Safety Course (DSC) is ordered, you will have until the end of the next business day to pay the applicable fee(s).
- If Deferred Disposition is ordered, you may enter into a payment plan which will be required to be paid in full before the end of the deferral period. There is an additional fee(s) for a payment plan.
- In addition to payment in full at the time of plea, you also have access to a 30-day extention to pay in full with no additional fees, or a payment plan with an additional fee for each violation.
- Alternatives to Payments: If you are assessed fines and court costs as a result of your citation and you are unable to pay, bring this to the attention of the Judge.