Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the City of Llano (“City”) will be accepting sealed bids for the following real properties owned by the City:
902 Ford Street, Llano, Texas, Llano County – South Addition, Block 3, Part of Lot 61 and being all that certain parcel or tract of land more or less, located in Llano County, Texas, a part of the South Addition, Block 3; being further described in a warranty deed dated 09/15/1999, to the City of Llano, Texas from Mikel R. Virdell, recorded in Volume 1025, Page 30, Deed Records of Llano County, Texas.
904 Ford Street, Llano, Texas, Llano County – South Addition, Block 3, Part of Lot 58 and Part of Lot 61; and being all that certain parcel or tract of land more or less, located in Llano County, Texas, a part of the South Addition, Block 3; being further described in a warranty deed dated 12/15/2006, to the City of Llano, Texas from Mikel R. Virdell, recorded in Volume 1401, Page 417, Deed Records of Llano County, Texas.
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $130,000.00 for both of the above described properties. The Properties are being offered for sale together, and the City shall reject as non-responsive any bids for the separate purchase of either of the Properties individually. Offers that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive. Each bidder must include information in the bid informing the City whether the bidder retained the services of a Texas licensed real estate broker or real estate agent to represent and/or assist the bidder with the submission of a bid to the City in accordance with this Notice to Bidders and the associated bid process.
All bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope or other sealed container, with the submitter’s name, mailing address, daytime phone number and the Properties that the bid is for, written on the front of the envelope. The outside of such sealed envelope or sealed container must clearly and conspicuously state the words “Sale of City Properties” in large letters. The purchase price must be paid to the City at the closing of the sale of the Properties, in cash. City will not finance any portion of the purchase price.
Bidders are advised that if they have questions they may contact Scott Edmonson, City Manager at City Hall, 301 W. Main Street, Llano, Texas, 78643 or by telephone at (325) 247-4158 extension 206. Bids may be mailed or hand delivered. All bids must be received no later than 2:00 p.m., Central Time, on _October 2_, 2017 (“Bid Deadline”) at the City Offices, located at City Hall, 301 W. Main Street, Llano, Texas. Bids received after the Bid Deadline will be returned to the offeror unopened.
Bids may be mailed to: City of Llano
301 W. Main Street
Llano, Texas 78643
Or hand-delivered to: City of Llano
All bid offers made will be held confidential until the Bid Deadline at 2:00 p.m., Central Time, on _October 2_, 2017, at which point all bids will be opened and will become public records subject to the Texas Public Information Act. It is anticipated that the City Council will determine the successful bidder at the City Council meeting to be held at 5:30 p.m., Central Time, on _October 2_, 2017.
The City reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject all bids. The City is not required to accept any bid or offer.
The properties will be sold subject to the following conditions:
1. The Properties will be sold to the highest bidder or to the bidder that submits the bid deemed by the City Council to provide the best value to the City, provided the bid meets or exceeds the applicable minimum purchase price bid requirement.
2. In the event two or more identical high bids are submitted for the Properties, the winning bid will be awarded based on bid submittal time and date; that is, the earliest high identical bid will be the successful bid.
3. In the event the successful bidder retained the services of a Texas licensed real estate broker or real estate agent to represent and/or assist the successful bidder with the submission of a bid to the City in accordance with this Notice to Bidders and the associated bid process, the City will compensate such real estate broker or agent in the amount of three percent (3%) of the amount of the winning bid upon the closing and funding of the sale of the Properties. In the event the transaction does not close and fund, no compensation shall be due to such real estate broker or agent. The terms of this paragraph shall be included in the earnest money contract between the City and the successful bidder, as further described herein below.
4. The City and the successful bidder will enter an earnest money contract (using the City’s form) for the purchase of the Properties within ten (10) business days of award notification from the City. If said earnest money contract is not entered into by the successful bidder within said ten (10) business day time period, the award of the bid will expire and be of no effect. City and bidder/purchaser shall pay transaction costs related to the sale/purchase of the properties at closing as is customary in Llano County, Texas.
5. Failure of the successful bidder to timely enter into said earnest money contract will result in the sale of the Properties being awarded to the next highest bidder or to the next bidder that submits the bid deemed by the City Council to provide the next best value to the City. In the event there is no “next highest bidder,” then the award will be deemed to have expired automatically and be of no effect, and City may sell the Properties at a later date.
6. The Properties are offered for sale “AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS.” City makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, express or implied, except as may be otherwise expressly set forth in the sale documents, nor is any official, employee or agent of City authorized to make any representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the Properties, including without limitation, zoning, tax consequences, physical or environmental conditions, availability of access, ingress or egress, operating history, projections, valuation, marketability, suitability for a particular purpose, governmental approvals, governmental regulations or any other matter or thing relating to or affecting the Properties. In no event is City responsible or liable for latent or patent defects or faults, if any, in the Properties, or for remedying or repairing same, including, but not limited to, defects relating to asbestos or asbestos containing materials, underground storage tanks or hazardous or toxic materials, chemicals or waste, or for constructing or repairing any streets, water wells, septic tank systems, utilities or any improvements located on the Properties or shown on any plat of the Properties. Bidders are put on notice that any prior grant and/or encumbrance affecting the Properties may be of record in the Official Records of Llano County, Texas, and bidders are encouraged to examine all public records affecting the Properties. The provisions of this paragraph survive closing of any sale/purchase of the Properties.
7. The Properties will be conveyed subject to all prior reservations and conveyances of oil, gas and other minerals; as well as all existing oil, gas and mineral leases and unit designations. City will reserve all oil, gas, liquid hydrocarbons, and other minerals, if any, that are in or under the Properties and that may be produced from it. City will waive and convey to the buyer the surface rights to the Properties owned by the City, including the right of ingress and egress to and from the surface of the Properties.